Our church is now OPEN! However, with various recommendations from the CDC and state and local health officials we have put new measures in place to help protect those worshipping with us. Take a look below to get a glimpse as to what you can expect when you join us for worship.
WHEN WE MEET
On June 7, 2020 we will move from having one service to two services. Those services will be identical in content. They will meet from 9-10am and 10:45-11:45am.
WHAT WILL SERVICES BE LIKE?
Sundays Gatherings are an opportunity to receive, give, and experience the joy and renewal of seeking God in community with other believers and individuals who are looking to grow in spiritual understanding. Each week our services feature:
- Congregational worship in song led by our Praise Team
- A musical selection from our Bethany Choir
- Practical, Gospel-centered preaching
- On a regular, but non-weekly basis, we also worship together in the taking of Communion and the Celebration of Baptisms
COVID-19 UPDATE REGARDING SERVICES:
SINGING: The CDC has shared that COVID-19 can potentially spread “through the emission of aerosols”, which is to say, it can possibly spread by singing. Knowing that congregational singing is a major part of the Christian worship experience, we wanted to find a way to allow singing to take place, but also accommodate those who may be at a higher risk or uncomfortable in an environment with singing. As such, we are now streaming our services to another room via Closed-Circuit Streaming where individuals and families can join others of similar concern, and still be able to worship in community. If you would like to worship with us in this designated area, please let one of our Connect Team members know when you arrive and they’ll be happy to guide you there.
DISTANCING: We have sectioned off portions of our Worship Center to allow families and individuals to sit with 6 feet between them and other families. We will also utilize staggered entry/exit for those entering the Worship Center.
REDUCED CAPACITY: One of the common recommendations by the CDC and health officials is to gather in reduced capacities to help allow for distancing. As such, we are now holding two services and will have an overflow room available if we exceed capacity. If that happens, our Connect Team will guide your family to the Overflow Worship Area.
WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
We suggest arriving roughly 10-15 minutes before the Worship Service. This will allow you time to enter the building safely and find a seat. For the sake of capacity and distancing we encourage those who arrive early to remain in their cars until the Worship Center doors open for service (15 minutes prior to the service time).
DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING FOR CHILDREN?
During this soft reopening we will not have our Nursery or Bethany Kids’ Church available. However, we are working with local officials and leaders to determine when it would be safe for us to reopen those ministries. Until then we do have the following available:
- CRY ROOM: We have a Cry Room available for parents with children under 2, nursing mothers, and little infants who get a little restless during the service. We stream our services in the Cry Room, so parents do not have to miss any part of the service. The Cry Room is located next to our Nursery area.
- ACTIVITY SHEETS: Each week we will have coloring/activity sheets with crayons for kids. After each service kids are encouraged to keep the crayons and sheets and take them home.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS ARE YOU TAKING IN LIGHT OF COVID-19?
We are doing the absolute best we can to make Bethany the safest we can for all who come and worship with us. In response to CDC Guidelines, we are:
- Providing an opportunity for individuals to check temperatures using touchless thermometers and self-check health assessment questions.
- Enforcing Distancing the best we can and asking congregants to help us with that.
- Moved from one to two services to allow for lower numbers in the Worship Center and hallways at one time.
- For the time being, we are holding the majority of our Small Groups off campus or at different times on campus.
- Sanitizing all traffic and worship spaces before, between and after each service.
- Providing free masks and hand sanitizing stations for individuals to use as needed.
- Utilizing Closed-Circuit Streaming and creating new worship spaces: Overflow Room and Worship Space Without Singing.
- Reducing the total number of songs we will be singing during our Worship Services.
- Encouraging the use of masks in Hallways, when singing and entering/exiting the Worship Center. We are not mandating the use of masks but do encourage them as a way of protecting others.
- Minimizing the amount of materials, we distribute and collect. As such, our bulletins are now only available digitally, we set up offering collection stations in the rear of the Worship Center (or through online giving) and in the Lobby and will utilize different means to distribute the Elements for Communion. Our goal is to minimize and/or limit altogether the passing of materials from one person to another.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Most of those who attend church with us dress casually, but as a multi-generational church you’ll see dress run the gamut: Jeans, polos, button ups, dresses/skirts, capris, and even an occasional suit. Even on stage you will see people in jeans and sneakers, dresses and sometimes jackets. Just be you and you’ll fit right in!
HOW DO I GET THERE?
We are located at 3417 Rolesville Road (Wendell). We are roughly 4.5 miles from East Wake High School, Knightdale High School and Rolesville High School. Once inside we have plenty of signs to direct you and Connect Team members ready to guide you or answer any questions you might have.
DO I HAVE TO GIVE AN OFFERING?
Not at all! In fact, we’re not even passing an offering plate during our services right now. Instead, we provide offering boxes positioned conveniently at the rear of the Worship Center and in the Lobby, so people can give as they feel led. Many people use our online giving option as well. Giving is one of the ways believers respond in faith and worship, so we want to do all we can to help believers connect to Bethany this way. Any offerings we receive support the full range of ministries we offer in the church and community, and around the world.
Any time anyone is visiting with us, we want them to come and get to know us, without feeling any pressure to have to give.
PRIOR TO COMING
One of the best ways to protect others in our congregation is to make sure you keep tabs on your own health. If you can answer “yes” to any of these questions it is recommended you err on the side of caution and worship with us online:
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days such as: fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing/shortness of breath?
- Have you traveled out of North Carolina and or the Country within the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms right now?
- Have you had a fever of 100 degrees or higher in the past 24 hours?*
- Are in currently recognized by the CDC of being in a higher risk category?
*NOTE: If you arrive and are unsure if you have a temperature, or would like to check as a precaution, we will have an area with non-contact, head thermometers available for you to check.
Small Groups are an important part of being in a faith community. These groups allow for more intimate spaces to learn, grow, discuss matters of life and faith, serve, care for others and pray together with others. Right now our groups our meeting at different times in different locations. If you would like more information about the groups we have available and when and where they meet, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch soon.
WILL I BE SINGLED OUT IF I VISIT YOUR CHURCH?
Simple answer, no. We hope you will be greeted, shown where to go if you ask and made to feel welcome, but we will not make you do anything you’re not comfortable with.
One thing we do ask of those visiting with us is that they fill out a Connect Card, but that is not required. If you do fill one out, we will likely follow up with you via email to see how your visit with us went and to answer any questions you have, but we will not pressure you to return. (Although, we hope you will!)
We’re excited you’re considering joining us. We can’t wait to meet you!
Have a question before you come? Ask it below: